View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lander, Wyoming USA
Posts: 2,291

Bruce, here in Wyoming, and I guess in a lot of other states, there is a process called small probate for small estates that doesn't have to involve a lawyer. Here in Wyoming, the size of the estate can be up to $150,000 and the heirs can do the probate without a lawyer. Sounds like your aunt may not have had a large estate, so you might ask the court if a "small probate" would be possible. If so, they can give you all the steps to take. It would include an ad for creditors.
JALICHTY is offline