The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Best GPS Fish Finder Combo $2,500 or Less
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Hewesfissher
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have installed everything except the Furuno system. But if you wanted the latest technology, the furuno stuff is WAY past $2500.

HDS- buggy software, inexpensive. Horrible customer service. Christ people, If the guy who posted the question doesn't know that, he's living on Mars! I'm sorry, too many issues--long term woes. Lowrance changes their stuff every two years. Is that what you want?

If a guy wants patented no BS awesome FF technology, Ray all the way. I have yet to hear anyone that says their Raymarine FF didn't find fish! Their plotter with Navionics is preloaded and the so far all their new systems have been bullet-proof. (I still meet people with 10 year-old Raymarine systems that are going strong) Say what you want about garmin. But again, if the oroiginal poster doesn't know by now that the Garmin FF have "issues", he's definetly in the dark! How many updates are they going to do to get it right?

I personally would do the 9" C Wide, DSM30, and stick with the transom mounted transducer. I could do 43mph in a river and hold bottom in 100' of water. In the ocean and a 3-4' chop hold 400'- for two hours each way!

Good luck in your decision.

Last edited by Hewesfissher; 02-03-2010 at 09:30 AM.