Old 04-11-2004, 06:44 PM
RiptideCharters
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Received 221 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Running wires through T-top tubes (Problem)

I have pulled all the factory wires out of the Ttop tubes and removed the upper electronics box. I had to pull the radar cable up through the tube first due to it's size. it. My issue is the radar cable fills the majority of the hole where the main tube hits the bracing tube that the wires enter the console through. On the other side that same spot appears not to be drilled at all!!! I'm SOL as far as pulling wires through these two spots. My main tubes are huge and would be great to pull through, but they terminate at the floor and there is no access to them underneither. What I'm thinking about is having the local fabrication shop cut a decent size hole in the main leg of the Ttop and then weld a "dummy brace" with a flange that connects to the console. By matching the tubing size that HS used and putting the "brace" in an area the works for me, I can have a dedicated wire chase. I'll pull through the main tube, into the "dummy brace" through the flange and into the console. Seems like a 4" piece of tube and a flange would be all the material they would need. I'd be shocked if it took more than 2-3 hours to cut the hole, fishmouth the tubing, add a flange then weld the piece in place. I figure $150-$200 would be a fair price. I plan to call them tomorrow to find out price and time frame. I can't think of any other way to run the wires. If any of you have any ideas on an alternate way to do this, I'd love to hear them.