View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Garett
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Default Re: BART Police - New Lawsuit / Moving Taser

bsmit24 - 2/6/2009 12:57 AM

Cell phone records audio of cop killing man
February 6th, 2009

An off-duty transportation cop shot and killed a man he was arguing with last September and now a cell phone audio recording of the shooting has emerged.

Darryl Simmons, a sergeant with the Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Authority police department, has maintained that he shot Joe McNair because he thought he “was reaching for a gun,” according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

In the profanity-laced recording, McNair can be heard asking Simmons several times: “You jealous of me, man?” and Simmons saying “All I want you to do is keep your dogs down.” The two men exchange more profanities before five shots are heard.

Then, before Simmons calls medics or police, he can be heard calling his wife: “Hey. I just shot and killed this b—-. I said, ‘I just shot this b—-.’ Yeah, come down to the bottom of the hill. Call 9-1-1.”

McNair had no weapon.

McNair had made a phone call prior to the argument, which ended up in the recipient’s voice mailbox, enabling it to record the argument and the shooting. The incident occurred September 17th, 2008 in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

Although Simmons has not been charged in the shooting, the newly revealed audio raises new questions.
"Although Simmons has not been charged in the shooting"..........yah because the bastard lied through his teeth!!! Murder, perjury and falsifying evidence......that should put that cop away for life without parole and anything less would not be good enough!

You know the really sad part about all this is, these are but a few of the cases that come to light. I don't even want to imagine how many cases there is of cops manipulating the truth/ facts every day of the year; probably in the thousands per week across the land.

Cops pretty much demand our respect, yet they treat us worse then dogs. It is no wonder why cops have no respect from so many! In my books one has to earn respect, I will not bow to it nor will I give it freely because of a uniform.