View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
bsmit24
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Default Re: BART Police - New Lawsuit / Moving Taser

JGarman - 2/5/2009 3:08 PM

What bothers me the most is that if it were'nt for all of the cameras he might have gotten away with it.

Also, all of the apologists who make up excuses whenever cops have a questionable kill. I grow weary of hearing how nobody understands and you wern't there. All it does is foster more distrust from the people whom they are supposed to be serving.

Is a cop even able to drive the speed limit or drive without tailgating?

To all of the LEO that feel that I am being unfair, I only call it as I see it and I am not alone in my feelings
Cell phone records audio of cop killing man
February 6th, 2009

An off-duty transportation cop shot and killed a man he was arguing with last September and now a cell phone audio recording of the shooting has emerged.

Darryl Simmons, a sergeant with the Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Authority police department, has maintained that he shot Joe McNair because he thought he “was reaching for a gun,” according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

In the profanity-laced recording, McNair can be heard asking Simmons several times: “You jealous of me, man?” and Simmons saying “All I want you to do is keep your dogs down.” The two men exchange more profanities before five shots are heard.

Then, before Simmons calls medics or police, he can be heard calling his wife: “Hey. I just shot and killed this b—-. I said, ‘I just shot this b—-.’ Yeah, come down to the bottom of the hill. Call 9-1-1.”

McNair had no weapon.

McNair had made a phone call prior to the argument, which ended up in the recipient’s voice mailbox, enabling it to record the argument and the shooting. The incident occurred September 17th, 2008 in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

Although Simmons has not been charged in the shooting, the newly revealed audio raises new questions.