The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum - View Single Post - do you have family in Iraq or Afghanistan
Old 12-22-2008, 06:44 PM
fldmax
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default do you have family in Iraq or Afghanistan

I have a friend that does a fishing magazine and they once again want to send several copies to Iraq, I will make this easy here is a copy of the e mail I received today. Explains it all and I think it is a great idea. The Magazine is GAFF and is done her in Tallahassee Fl. OR If you want to help let me know and I will send your info to Anne. I will do 3 or 4 boxes if you send me the address.
God Bless our Troops this Holiday season.

here is the e mail
Me again.
I am looking for "sponsors" to mail boxes of new fishing magazines to the Wounded Warriors in Walter Reed Army Hospital, and the service men and women overseas. I have some addresses now, in Afghanistan and Iraq, more coming.
A box of 50 costs $15.00
A box of 30 costs $11.00
These are flat rate boxes APO, and Domestic.
If any of you have a relative over there now, send me the address also and a box can go to her.
or him.
I have 550 magazines, all new in the carton ready to ship and awaiting a company, or individual who would like to Sponsor a box. I can't mail them all myself this year$$$$!!!!$$$!!!!
If I receive more than needed for this shipment (wouldn't that be wonderful?), I have arranged to send more boxes as they are published. A new issue is at the printers now.
The reason I care: these issues have stories and photos from the troops fishing in Iraq, on Saddam's Palace grounds under armed guard - great stuff. Plus other stories from our troops. I think one photographer is a woman. Lots of stuff for the woman athlete and soldier as well.
If you think your office can spare 15.00 bucks, for a good cause, send it to me and we will get these things "moving out".