The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Is this tile layout the most efficient?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 01:47 PM
blueh20pc
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Is this tile layout the most efficient?

emudryj - 12/21/2008 11:14 AM

I'm not an expert but I think that is the other way around with the trim base board...

I understand that: you want the floor tile to go all the way to the wall and then the baseboard on top of the floor. this way you get the two cut sides together and hidden, with all the "finished" sides exposed...

Did I explain myself correctly??? please could somebody agree or disagree???

edit: sorry I was under the assumption that you were using the same tile to do the baseboard thats why I was talking about keeping cut side together and hidden, but re-read you op and saw something about a 3/4". Either way it's still the same, the trim goes over the cut tile to hide the imperfections of the cuting.
Yes, you're right, I have offspaced it to the left on the first picture by 3/4 inch to allow for my baseboard to cover the tile, giving me a little bit of grout line on each side of the basebaord trim on the "width" of the room so to say.

Also, I'm thinking of cutting 2" strips of 12" tile to threshold the shower and door, making it look a bit more "custom", like I knew what I was doing.

BTW, first time tiling a floor, so.... Let's mix some Thinset!!!!

If it turns out bad I'll post pictures of the hammer I used to smash it up.

I got the tiles for 3$ a box on discount.