View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Cracker
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Default Re: Another Ammo question

ggibby - 12/8/2008 4:31 AM

Eyeball (and others) - thanks for the explanation. The idea of taking a course taught by law enforcement and doing what they say is intriguing.

I'm in Florida and we now have a law that (as it is written at least) says we have a defense (right) to use deadly force without any duty to retreat from a place that we have a lawful right to be (I think I have that right...just took the concealed weapons course....but haven't memorized it yet). At any rate it appears to cover house and vehicle for sure.

Is that different from the state in which you live? I'm 100% in favor of avoiding suit, but I want to be SURE that my wife can STOP the guy.

thanks,
gordon
Gordon,
I am a Florida Cop and choose whichever ammo you need. If overpenetration is not an issue use hollow points if it is use the MagSafe or Glaser type stuff, just do not use rat shot, the old I will just blind them idea is bunk and yes if using lethal force you wanna put the guy down and stop the threat, That means shooting center of mass and head shots if the body shots are ineffective.. Recent law changes in Florida do protect you Criminally but as stated understand there maybe Civil issues that arise but again in Florida or any other castle doctrine state that is probably rare and of course you and your family is alive to worry about that later...