Old 04-14-2008, 04:47 AM
HullSlap
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Default Re: Please watch "Crude" on History International Channel

Mega Tsunami, asteroid or comet impacts, mega earthquakes, pandemics, mega crop failures, africanized killer bees, all honey bees dying off for unknown reasons, super volcanoes in the midwest, super tornados, mega hurricane hitting New York, oceans dying, icecaps melting, polar bears dying, climate crisis due to global warming, hole in ozone, credit crisis, oil crisis, student loan crisis, US dollar in a "free-fall", housing market in free-fall, national debt, terrorism, stock market crisis, recession, depression, etc.

Watch enough TV and you'll be afraid to get out of bed in the morning. There seems to be a concentrated effort by the media in causing a national sense of panic. People are very easy to control when they are afraid.

I believe in the 70's scientists said we were headed into a mini Ice Age. In the late 70's and early 80's we had a hole in the ozone. Everyone was going to die of skin cancer. Now we've fixed the ozone hole which is causing us to trap more Co2, unfortunately leading to increased global warming. I didn't watch the show you recommended so I can't comment about the content. I can say that I think it's never too late.