View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Menzies

Default So how are we all doing - really?

Just got back from a week working in Miami. Off to Tucson for work next week, the following week was supposed to go to Dubai after doing a load of laundry, but backed out last week because I'm plain whooped and just didn't want to face the trip. Fall-out from that yet to come I'm sure.

Haven't taken the boat out in months, was going to last weekend but the weather turned. The boat is filthy, needs a good cleaning, deoxidization and wax. Brightwork needs done and the eisenglass.

Got home dinner time tonight to the news that a friend's (he work's for us) eldest was killed in Iraq yesterday. He was in a Stryker unit out of Hawaii. Tomorrow I'll find out when the services are and see if I need to change Tucson. Wife offered to go one my behalf, bless her, but not comfortable with that.

While I'm doing fine financially I get the sense that I'm doing more just to get and stay ahead and a lot of the time it's a bloody hard grind.

I don't see a lot of people having a lot of fun out there either. Maybe the same as me, head down, ploughing ahead, hoping that there's light at the end of the tunnel and a time to stop and smell the java somewhere down the pike.

Everyone seems to be in a holding pattern with their lives. No big decisions being made while all this shit sorts itself out.

Might improve when the weather steadies. Who knows.

So how is everyone doing, really?