View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Thom
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default electronic pricing problem

I would start by seeing what the several sponsors of this board who are marine electronics dealers can do for you.

You've sent a very mixed signal there. For us little guys eight grand for an electronics package brings visions of a whopping good bunch of stuff. But then you say the guy who is not particularly inexpensive is going to charge you twelve hundred to stick it all in. I have to tell you, there are a lot of guys out there who have paid a lot more than that to get an electronics package installed that cost them considerably less than eight grand. See the problem?

Anyway just what do you have in the package you're looking for. I assume at a minimum an auto pilot, and either a network system or a serious radar, serious fish finder, a couple of VHF's an EPIRB, and a chart plotter that lookes more like a big screen TV. The thing is that if you got all that stuff I can't immagine being able to get it all installed for twelve hundred. A lot of guys pay close to that much for for having an autopilot installed, or just to have a large Radar installed.

Thom