View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:40 AM
captddis
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Default Re: Tracking Christmas

rkatz - 11/6/2007 8:58 PM

As the token jew in many of the circles I run in, I can tell you one of the things that pizzes me off the most is people who are hypersensitive about anything. Guess what? It's a predominantly christian country. Guess what? I say "Merry Christmas" to most people I come in contact with around the season. Guess what? I don't give two chits if someone says "Merry Christmas" to me. Guess what? I think it's idiotic that people have to be careful as to whether they say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays".

I was born in Colombia, South America. Talk about being a token jew there! Maybe that's why I am so thick-skinned to all of this mamby pamby BS, but that's all it is - MAMBY PAMBY B.S.!

I believe in the rule of 80/20. That means 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers, or 80% of the BS in your life comes from 20% of the people in your life... I really don't think many people give a hoot about "Merry Christmas." If you hear any real person - not some commie, lefty, moveon.org, pinko, mamby pamby person, or some hack on the news complain about "Merry Christmas" I would be very surprised. Seems to me that its just another way for the news outlets to generate some sort of controversy.

So, with that off my chest, I wish all my goyim friends a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year. Just wanted to be the first.

AMEN to that! If I know someone is Jewish, I will say Happy Holidays or Happy Haunakkah. Someone once asked a talk show host what was the proper response if someone unknowingly wished a Jew Merry Christmas? The answer was to say thank you and accept the well wish as it was intended. I am part Jewish, but we were all raised Christian. My Grandmother went to temple with her sisters and we all enjoyed family and we all had wonderful Christmases.