View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Mumblerone
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please explain wiring diagram for me

Special-K... I'm not an expert but let's see if we can all learn. First of all if you get two new switches like I have and wire them per Diagram #2, your OK. Just so we're on the same page, I'll describe my setup. Generally I will start Starboard motor on #1 position, I'll in turn start port motor on #2 position and that's the way I use them all day. Both batteries get charged by respective motors. If I chose, I can put both swithces on #1 and start both motors off battery #1 or put both switches on #2 and start both motors off battery #2. I might want to do this if for example battery #1 is dead. If both batteries are a little weak I might want to switch to 'ALL', this puts both batteries in parallel and hopefully has enough juice to start motors. If I turn to 'OFF' both batteries are off and thats the way I leave it between trips. It tells you not to run in the 'ALL' position because now you have both motors on the same circuit, and I believe is related to charging...this is where I get foggy...NEED HELP HERE! This condition relates to your 'ON' position. Same condition as my 'ALL' when you think about it. I assume you have a Perko switch? I reviewed all the Perko switch combination (wiring diagrams) and nowhere does it show ONE switch and TWO motors. ONE switch and TWO batteries: YES. Let's see what others say...

Boston Whaler, "MUMBLER", 24' Outrage (1996), twin 175 HP Evinrude Ocean Pros. Snowball, the cat...