View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 07:31 PM
chrisrack
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Default Re: LCD Digital Televisions Question?

jwkennedy92 - 6/26/2007 4:23 PM

vizio is by far the best value out there right now...i have a 37" and it's awesome. maybe not the absolute best, but it's a hundred times better than the older analog tube that i replaced. try not to get so wrapped up in too many features and resolution...especially in a unit of that size. just make sure you get the model with hdmi connections...it simplifies your set-up and improves the picture quality from your cable box and dvd-player when they're sending a digital signal.

my understanding is that a large percentage of the parts in the vizio units are the same as sony. for a while they were even built in the same factory. the sonys may have some bells and whistles and a little more bling, but it's hardly worth almost twice the price.

my friend has had two vizios that are now two years old...no problems to report.
I'm thinking the same thing .... Vizio is not as good as a Sony or Samsung but a Vizio is also 50% less in cost. And since this is to be a 2nd TV (not the primary TV), I'm willing to purchase a "mid-tier TV" and save some $$. I think I got my answer when many of you said "I have a Vizio and it's a fine TV".

Thanks-
Chris