View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 09:51 AM
DMack_762
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Received 212 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatherof4 View Post
Not to be a party pooper...I bought my first Ram 2500 w/Cummins in 2018. Bought it brand new. Now, at 70kmi, I'm staring at $6000 in repairs due to DEF sensor and tank issues, a turbo cleaning and poss particulate filter replacement. Up until then, I was happy with mine too...Now, not so much.

Best of luck with her. She looks great.

My 2013 6.7L had no issues with the DEF... this one, I'm following my previous protocol. I buy DEF directly from Ram, at the dealership. I pay $10 per gallon for it, and I never put more than a half of a tank of DEF in at a time. DEF can crystalize and cause pump failures, that's a known issue. I'm on top of my maintenance, so fingers crossed that this one gives me years of trouble free service.

My Brother is a Certified Cummins Tech, triple ASE Master, Heavy Diesel Tech for our home County Fleet Management. He's pretty much schooled me on these new Cummins engines... Sorry you had issues... I'm not a fan of the DEF system, but I will keep mine intact until it's out of warranty.

I go overboard with oil changes... I run the Valvoline Premium Blue 5W-40 and Mopar oil filters... I change the oil every 7,000 miles religiously. I changed it for the first time at 1,500 miles... out of habit. The power this thing has is nuts!