View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 02:19 PM
Turtlebull
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifterfishing View Post
Thats my issue to a T. It really doesn't like to go under 30mph. I'm pretty confident it's not a hub because as you mentioned it probably wouldn't plane out at all. The more I read the more I think it's a product of the hull design and the props sitting right in all that turbulent water during the hole shot. I may try to drop the motors to the lowest mounting hole and see how that affects it and hopefully it doesn't affect the performance too bad. I don't care all that much about top end speed ( can't run 50+ often offshore anyway) but I don't want to lose the great fuel economy these Optis have. I might also try changing props, just hate to drop $1200 if that's not going to help anything.
So , i was just thinking as it has been so many years ago. I remember talking to another owner one time and he did play around with the mounting of the engines. Like someone else has stated. If I'm correct i remember he dropped them one slot. Another thing as this issue is common with that step hull. I think you should do some more research with the props. I don't remember what props i had but i think if you talk to a good prop guy he can definitely minimize the slippage you are getting. I don't know what the bravos are geared for (top end or holeshot) Are your top end rpms in line? you should start there. Theres so many prop choices now and just a little tweak on pitch and model can maybe get it right but might not ever be perfect as some hull like this produce ventilation