View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 01:25 PM
Drifterfishing
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turtlebull View Post
Had that boat back in the day with same setup. I remember vividly having the same issue. If you tried to throttle it too fast out of the hole they would cavitate, i think i would pull back a little till the engines re engaged again once the step hull got up and over. I remember i used to battle with that boat in the in between speed. It either liked to be on plane or not, if you were stuck in between its would be bow high and struggle. Once you got up and over it would ride great. I think i had the stock bravo props, i never changed them. I would double check the hubs too, but i would think if it was a hub slipping you wouldnt even get to the point of planing off
Thats my issue to a T. It really doesn't like to go under 30mph. I'm pretty confident it's not a hub because as you mentioned it probably wouldn't plane out at all. The more I read the more I think it's a product of the hull design and the props sitting right in all that turbulent water during the hole shot. I may try to drop the motors to the lowest mounting hole and see how that affects it and hopefully it doesn't affect the performance too bad. I don't care all that much about top end speed ( can't run 50+ often offshore anyway) but I don't want to lose the great fuel economy these Optis have. I might also try changing props, just hate to drop $1200 if that's not going to help anything.