Old 08-22-2020, 07:05 PM
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 6,654
Received 321 Likes on 198 Posts

Looks like narrow woven polyester... YKK calls it tape but it isn't tape, thats just a marketing name.


I would guess it is woven polyester or nylon made in very narrow strips on loom. You can make all kinds of narrow woven patterns and colors to sew the zipper on to.

Go to a craft store like Micheal's or Hobby Lobby.. they will have small spools.