View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 12:30 PM
FourRFishin

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Arrow 1975 20 Proline Restoration

So, I decided to take on a project a few weeks back, purchased a 1975 20 Proline for $400.

The plan is a stringers up restoration to lighten the boat and eliminate all the wood.

This will be my first ever restoration like this so any comments or suggestions would be great.
I have read and studied many various threads on here and Classic AS and have learned a lot from the likes of Melba Toast, elite51203, Captadam, Flatback20 and others.

I grew up in Ft. Pierce, FL and now reside in Slidell, LA.
It's funny to think now that I have started this project, nearly all the materials and parts I will need will be sourced from within 10 miles of my parents house back on the Treasure Coast, LOL.

I grew up with a fascination for boat building and was determined to make it my life's work to build custom sportfish the likes of Merritt, Rybovich, and American. But, sadly through the "process" of college my priorities changed and I landed on a career in agribusiness.

This project has lit a fire inside me to fulfill at least part of the life goal that i haven't had the opportunity to work on until now.

I hope you find this build is interesting if you care to follow, and ill try my best to not ask completely ignorant questions along the way (but no promises).

Tight Lines,

Rick

(Pics to follow shortly)