Old 06-30-2020, 01:20 PM
jharvey1984

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fox marine compatibility with AlbiComba (or other analog gateway)

Hi guys and gals. Several years ago I purchased two Fox Marine gateways to get my MEFI engine data onto the NMEA2000 network. Unfortunately, based on the limitations of the engine CPU, these gateways do not transmit oil pressure. I have been looking into purchasing an AlbaCombi (or other similar analog to NMEA 2000 gateway) to hopefully transmit my oil pressure data from the oil pressure sender along with some other stuff like fuel and fresh water tank levels and maybe some generator data with the goal of eliminating all of my old analog gauges.

I'm not versed enough in the NMEA 2000 protocol to know if this will work or not. I know my Fox gateways had to be "instanced" to describe which engine the data is coming from (instance 0 for port and 1 for starboard engine) and from what I can tell all engine data is transmitted over one PGN to the network. Is it possible to transmit both engines oil pressure data to the network through a separate analog to NMEA 2000 device? Will I have to instance this data as 2 and 3? I may be boogering up the terminology here but hopefully this makes sense what I am asking. I just don't know how many "sets" of data over the same PGN is possible...

Hopefully this makes sense to someone and they can get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance for the help.