View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 06:12 AM
20biminitwist

Received 4,579 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by trustafari View Post
And that right there is exactly the problem. Boat ramps in and of themselves aren't a vector of transmission any more than the checkout line at Publix, the drive through at Starbucks, the girl who brings you your takeout at your favorite restaurant, an ATM, the teller counter at the bank, the Instacart delivery person, the Doordash delivery guy, the pizza guy, a census worker who comes to your door, the mechanic at the oil change place, the golf course, the city bus, passing someone on a sidewalk or on the trail at a county park, the cop who pulls you over on a traffic stop, the FedEx guy, the Amazon delivery guy, or the mail man.

Whether one personally agrees with the FWC order or not, calling for distance between boats and limiting the number of people aboard can be defended in a grand scheme sense. It's also narrowly tailored to address what is seen as a potential vector for transmission. What's being done to limit transmission through any of the above means?
Much of what you listed above are necessities to sustain life and they have put some precautions in place. Many banks are drive through only, Many parks are closed.

BOAT ramps are not a necessity nor is recreational boating. That is why I have stopped running charters and am losing my ass. It would not be very smart of me to be entertaining people from who knows where. Kinda hard to keep social distancing when your stuck on board with a bunch of strangers and all handling the same equipment. If I were a carrier I could easily infect 20 to 30 people a week running charters. Or, more than likely I would catch it exposing myself to that many strangers.

People just want to live in denial and not accept personal responsibility.