Thread: Quite the day!!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:24 PM
dssmith
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Received 587 Likes on 292 Posts
Default Quite the day!!

Covid 19 growing exponential. We are at home under house arrest for undetermined time period.
Son in Kennewick Washington says tornado (very rare) touches down in W. Richland Washington.
Just short of 6pm we have an earthquake!! Started shaking like a line of semi trucks going by the house at full speed. After 10 seconds or so, I realize there is no highway outside and it's an earthquake.
Starts to taper off, and then starts up again increasing in intensity. After about 30 more seconds I have the presence of mind to get into a doorway. Mild to moderate shaking stops, but I experience mild vertigo as my eyes and the house figure out things have stopped moving.

I go downstairs and my Grandfather clock pendulum is being gong'd by the three weights and the clock has stopped. The swimming pool, which has a cover on it appears as if the kids just got out of the pool.
The epicenter was in the central mountains about 70 miles away as the crow flies. USGS says it was a 6.5 quake. The state had a 6.9 quake in 1983 which I missed.

So there you have it. Pestilence, Tornado, and Earthquake all in one day. Keep you hands away from the nearest bible, and do not, under any circumstances, read the Book of Revelations!!!