View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 AM
Istockpoga

Received 379 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by andyp262 View Post
Nothing to do with geography, sorry to say. Experience mostly. I've overboiled eggs in my instant pot, once. I found the smell nauseating in my house and couldn't get it out of my gasket either For the record, I love eggs, regardless of how they're cooked. We even have our own flock so we never run out of them but maybe we have different eggs north of the Mason Dixon? lol

I will also say, the recipe for the filling sounds delicious and I will probably give it a go with just regular hard boiled eggs. Did I mention I love eggs? Lol
If you had a problem with eggs being over boiled in an instant pot there must have been something else wrong besides over boiling. This method is very common and I have used it many times without a problem. https://www.google.com/search?q=inst...hrome&ie=UTF-8
We have our own egg production also and I love eggs fixed in almost every way. I have never experienced any odor problems with this method.

I use the instant pot almost daily, and fix many exotic types of dishes and I have no odor problems with my gaskets. After washing up my IP after a spicy dish I always pour in a half cup of white vinegar, set the pot for two minutes and let it natural release. I then rinse the pot and lid and store the pot with the lid upside down on top of the IP. I have two 6 quart and an 8 quart IP and no odor problems.