View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Coastal Cajun
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ranger Bay 2300 - Questions

Any other Ranger 2300 Bay owners on here? I recently purchased an '04 model with a 2012 Mercury Optimax 250 HP (~140 hours on it, half of which were idle speed).

Anyway, I'm looking to see if I can get some performance specs/setup info from any of y'all out there who would be able to help. I've read that the boat should be pushing 49-52 WOT, and should be able to cruise comfortably at 43-44 or so. But that hasn't been the case for me... I can cruise at about 36-37 taking my time and am only topping out at 42-43 depending on the load. I'm running a 19P Tempest, turning about 5750 RPM at WOT. This is the factory installed prop, and it is in pretty good shape... no dings or bent blades or anything. I feel like I should be getting a little more speed out of her, especially with a 250 2-stroke. I've seen where others were topping out at 48 mph with only a 200 4-stroke... not sure what the deal is. I know this is a relatively heavy boat, but I feel like she should have a little more speed in her.