Old 11-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Tim_fl

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrington View Post
My wife and I planning on being in the Fort Lauderdale Christmas Boat Parade. I am looking for options as to how I would power the display. My current plan is to rent a generator from Home Depot and strap it onto my Armstrong Bracket. I would like to find an alternative way..... if possible?

I am hoping that someone can enlighten me to a better way to accomplish this.

Here is what I have to work with: I have shore power but no built in generator, 2 batteries in transom wired in sequence with Perko switch, also a forward battery for my bow thruster.

I am currently shopping for a huge inflatable Christmas display that I can put on the hardtop. My hardtop is unusually large.... 8.5 ft x 17 ft. (See pic) I plan on making the inflatable the main attraction, but I am also looking to add a strand of lights possible to my rubrail..... not sure how on that too. I want to avoid mounting a strand of lights to my bow rail because this would be directly in my line of site, which would make it difficult to see clearly.

I am not opposed to purchasing a battery for this specific purpose, but I am guessing I would also need an inverter. I could use some schooling on going this route?

I have yet to make a purchase, so I am open to display suggestions, and best sites for purchasing the stuff I will need to accomplish my goal. Simple and easy is my goal....

Thank You

In previous years I've either used my Honda EU2000 or my inverter to power traditional lights, for the last two years I've followed what others have done and purchased Christmas lights that operate off of their own batter pack. They are very bright, 4 AA's batteries last the whole season and you can remote control them from inside the house (while on the lift or docked) to change colors etc. I had approx. 6 sets on my boat/up my riggers etc.. last year and you can control all of them with one remote. They look great super easy and no cords to deal with.

Amazon Amazon