Old 11-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Barrington

Received 301 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Christmas Boat Parade - What are options for powering my decorations?

My wife and I planning on being in the Fort Lauderdale Christmas Boat Parade. I am looking for options as to how I would power the display. My current plan is to rent a generator from Home Depot and strap it onto my Armstrong Bracket. I would like to find an alternative way..... if possible?

I am hoping that someone can enlighten me to a better way to accomplish this.

Here is what I have to work with: I have shore power but no built in generator, 2 batteries in transom wired in sequence with Perko switch, also a forward battery for my bow thruster.

I am currently shopping for a huge inflatable Christmas display that I can put on the hardtop. My hardtop is unusually large.... 8.5 ft x 17 ft. (See pic) I plan on making the inflatable the main attraction, but I am also looking to add a strand of lights possible to my rubrail..... not sure how on that too. I want to avoid mounting a strand of lights to my bow rail because this would be directly in my line of site, which would make it difficult to see clearly.

I am not opposed to purchasing a battery for this specific purpose, but I am guessing I would also need an inverter. I could use some schooling on going this route?

I have yet to make a purchase, so I am open to display suggestions, and best sites for purchasing the stuff I will need to accomplish my goal. Simple and easy is my goal....

Thank You