Old 10-15-2019, 12:43 AM
dannieboiz

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Why aren't dual consoles popular out here in the west?

I stopped fishing the Delta about 7 years ago but one of my favorite boat that I used out there was an open bow 18ft bayliner. I got rid of it and went into a Striper 21ft a month after getting caught in the weather one time and it was no fun getting in. I still have the striper but is considering a new boat in the near future. I find the cuddy cabin is a wasted space. The only time it was ever useful was when I had some folks with me getting sea sick and they got knocked out in there, of course they never went again after that.

Kids are getting to the age where they enjoy the water more. They don't want to be in the cabin either since they want to be out where the action is. Even the wife doesn't enjoy it in there, she had more fun hanging out on the bow reading a book while we fish on the little 18ft boat.

I've looked at center consoles but the sitting arrangement is little to none. If I do ocean trip with fishing buddies it won't be a problem but I don't think it will work well for the kids and wife. I'm seriously considering a dual console for my next boat. I see tons of them on craigslist Florida, but hardly any here.

A dual console where I can take it out to do inshore fishing and can handle the weather and yet get the family out on the bay/delta and do one of those lazy bait fishing just seems like the best of both worlds.

As you can see, I need to include the family to in order to have an excuse for the new boat.

Anyone of experience in dual console out here?