View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 03:27 PM
cwhite6
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Received 766 Likes on 380 Posts
Default Cruise Port Ideas

We were supposed to be going to the Florida Keys for Thanksgiving. Due to some family events, we had to cancel that trip a few weeks back. We just found out we had our schedule clear up again, so we went looking for vacation ideas. Due to airfare and/or driving distance, we opted to not go to the keys. My wife and daughters wanted to go on a cruise, so I booked one yesterday. We are going with Norwegian out of New Orleans for 7 days. It works out perfect because I am a 3 hour drive from the terminal at the port and I do not need to pay for airfare or drive for two days each way. Anyway, I have done one other cruise. It was a Disney Cruise and we hit the Virgin Islands and a couple other places. I enjoyed riding on the boat more than the ports.

This cruise hits Cozumel, Roatan, Harvest Caye in Belize, and Costa Maya in Mexico. The only thing I know I am going to do is go to the LCDH in Cozumel if I can and I am going to do a wall dive in Roatan. The shore excursions are very expensive through NCL ($600 to see the ruins!) and I am not fan of a lot of them. So, I turn to the great THT. Can you give me ideas of things we can do at those ports that are safe and will be enjoyable? It will be my wife and I and our 15 year old and 10 year old daughters. We like to walk around, people watch, eat at cool places, and look around.