View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 04:21 PM
C Pirate 4723
THT Sponsor
THT sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Parker vrs C Hawk / Yahama vrs Suzuki

Good afternoon,
I am a first time poster and will try not to act too much like a noob.
I have been fishing inshore mostly with a few dozen trips offshore in the last 10 years.
I recently acquired my Capt. License and looking to start an offshore charter business here in SW Florida.
I am currently looking at a 2016 - 17, 29' C Hawk (listed on the web for 95K) and a 2019 -20, 28' XLT SC New Parker (roughly 150K)
C Hawk has twin 300 Suzuki's with approx 75 hours & **30k in electronics mostly Furuno with a 16 degree Dead Rise
Parker comes with twin 250 or (3500.00 upgrade) twin 300 Yamaha's & a Garmin (GPS MAP 7610 XSV & B60 TH W/ VHF 110) with a 21 degree Dead Rise
I cannot find much information on the C Hawk Hull, only that is more generic build and not as classy as Parker's
It takes about 2 hours to get offshore far enough to find the deeper water (approx 2' per mile)
I am a working man not a wealthy man so to me that is quite a $ spread.

My questions:
) Does anyone have any feedback on the C Hawk Boats in the 29' class?
) The C Hawk Suzuki's only have the second half of the 6 year extended warranty left on them so should this be a deal breaker?
) My understanding of DR is 16 degree will cut chop but roll a lot more when anchored. I really never paid attention to the roll while I was reeling in the grouper so will this be a major issue with new fishermen?
- The Parker offers a 21 degree which reduces roll but has quite a bit of spray as I found out when we hit the thunder storm recently on our way in. Anyone more than 5 foot behind the cabin was soaked.
) Cost difference between new Parker and used C Hawk about 55K / Would you take the chance on the savings or play it safe with new?
Thank you