View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 03:55 PM
NCSUboater

Received 5,882 Likes on 2,757 Posts

Originally Posted by IMPLiberty View Post

Probably has more to do with the fact that a lot of the humble bragging is completely pointless to the actual question/conversation. Personally I'll notice it and maybe even call it out. It's more of a lighthearted jab verse an actual call out. Not jealous, I applaud anyone who works hard and has nice things to show for it!
Yup, correct answer. I, too, applaud everyone who works hard and has toys and other things. Not a thing wrong with that. It's definitely obvious I run with a far different crowd than many here. I'll sometimes make a comment about it...not jealousy, just a light-hearted jab as you say.

I just think the details that are sometimes added that aren't pertinent are funny:

"This weekend we were on our way to the shore house in our F-eleven thousand platinum and I got a call on my iPhone XR400 from my boat mechanic saying engine #2 had a scratch on the cowling. Anyone know the paint color for a Yamaha 350? I'll pop open my MacBook pro and order it and get it sent to our place on the Gulf and have him take care of it"

Vs:

"Anyone know what paint color Yamaha uses on its cowlings?"

See the difference....it's just funny. And now that it's a thing I notice it every time and chuckle.

Sometimes I'll even forward it to my lawyer... Figure he could use a break from all the paperwork of the sales of my many businesses, but for the nearly 250k I'm about to pay him he shouldn't be taking any breaks!