Old 07-04-2019, 12:49 PM
RussH
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER

Received 1,814 Likes on 966 Posts
Default Tru Trip and Jet Divers Lake Erie walleye

Is the main difference between a Tru Trip and Jet Diver that the Tru Trip will trip like a Dipsey? Are there any Jet Divers made that have a trip on them so you aren't constantly pulling against the diver itself? I have seen a lot of fishing reports that mention Tru Trip or Jet Diver's but why do you run different sizes for trolling? A Jet Diver size 20 will go down to 20' but can't you simply use a size 40 and just not leave out as much line? Just wondering why you wouldn't just run size 40's and control your depth by letting out more or less line? Why would you buy a Jet Diver and then also buy a Tru Trip that is the same color and size?

Does the color of the diver itself really matter? Since the fish don't bite the diver itself why does it matter what color it is? Do any of you guys catch more fish on a specific size and/or color of diver? I have Dipsey's but I really don't like them for walleye because if I adjust the trip to light than I get nuisance trips and if I adjust them to heavy they won't trip with a small fish. Can you adjust the Tru Trips more accurately than a Dipsy so you don't get nuisance trips yet it will trip with a smaller size fish?