The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Need some help from Mississippi resident --DMV
Old 06-05-2019, 05:00 PM
tprice
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by mystery View Post
hmmm

renting or living in a state where one goes to school, can very well make them a resident. i dont see why one could not prove residency. doesnt one get mail/packages at college? when i attended university, some people would switch the DLs to the state they were attending school in. most would leave as is. i just dont see why it would not be possible.

also, i highly doubt its that easy to get in state tuition. most state schools have requirements about how long you must be a resident of the state to qualify for in-state tuition. everyone would be qualifying for it just by virtue of attending the school. i think pretty much every state school i have ever looked at says at least 12 months as a resident before first day attending. so perhaps, if one wants to take a year off between high school and college, establish residency and work in the state, they might be able to get in-state tuition!
Gettin off topic but NOT IN SC, apparently you have never dealt with SCDMV LOL

No being a student does not make you a legal resident of a state