View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 04:38 PM
capt_matt
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

I have a Parker 23 DVCC with an F250 that I use 100% for fishing. Mine was one of the last made with off-white gel coat. The boat is very solid and no-frills. I like the closed transom and the room behind the leaning post you get with the bracket. I fish mostly inshore with an occasional run up to 30 miles offshore on a good day. It rides very well and is dry in a wide range of conditions and also has a nice stable drift. I get about 2.7-3 nmpg at 3800 rpm cruise depending on load and sea state. I think it is an excellent all-around boat that is a good value.

When I ordered my boat from Parker on late 2012, I requested the batteries be mounted in the console and to have two independent bilge pumps. Moving the batteries forward helps with weight distribution and accessibility. I also had a custom hard top built by a local marine welding shop since I do not like canvas tops (they leak, need to be replaced, etc). Parker is flat out busy right now, so you may have to wait a while if you order one.

I have no experience with Dusky.