View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 06:36 AM
pje
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Originally Posted by jillybird View Post
Here’s a terrific choice - Ecuagringo.com. Best striped marlin in the world in the Galápagos Islands. Catch up to 25 striped marlin or more in a day at peak season in one of the world’s coolest places. Calm seas during peak season. I just got back from fishing for giant blue marlin with them on a special exploratory trip. In 5 days fishing, my son landed a 1200 plus pounder, I lost a 900 plus pounder, and our friend landed a 400 plus pounder.

Isla Mujeres for sailfish in the springtime.

Tropic Star is too remote for quick medical care. Lots Suenos billfishing is good, not great.

Kona in Hawaii in July-September - calm seas, lots of blue marlin. Very good medical care.

Ocean City, Maryland - July, August, September - white marlin capital of the world

Cabo - striped marlin

I'd like to see a report and pics on your trip with Ecuagringo . I have gotten the email blasts and FB reports , but have never seen a report from an actual charter customer . We looked into going , but decided the fishing there wasn't really any better than in CR .. I plan on fishing Manta sometime in the near future ...Please post up a report

I wouldn't recommend Kona for numbers at all . You will get a couple of shots if you fish 5-7 days in a row . A few guys from Hawaii fly down to fish with us in CR on a regular basis , instead of fishing there .

Cabo ..best time for stripeys is Nov-Dec on the Finger Bank . But it will be bumpy .

You can't beat CR for numbers and variety of billfish