View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 08:44 AM
rcrejzer

Originally Posted by Brad1 View Post
Boat is absolutely gorgeous.

Only thing I don't like is the cockpit drains sharing the manifold with all the other plumbing. If something fails with the other plumbing that made it necessary to close that seacock, now you have no cockpit drains as well. I wouldnt want to be offshore without cockpit drains. They should have their own (separate) plumbing and exit the boat via scuppers.

Also, if I kept my boat in a slip, I'd want to be able to close that seacock, but not affect my cockpit drains.
I am not 100% on the 219, but my 228 bay does have dedicated scuppers (2) with flaps for the cockpit drain that exit above the manifold's exit. I would imagine all of their models are the same. The manifold system absolutely reduces the amount of through hull penetrations below the water line, and it is a great design, but does not eliminate all of them as some salesmen would have you think. You've got the high speed pick-ups for pumps, drain plug, manifold exit, cockpit exits, bilge pump exit, and fuel vent (I'm sure I'm missing one more).