View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:35 AM
xfernal
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor

Originally Posted by alexh86 View Post
Subscribed. If anyone has any questions about rigs/rigging, I would be happy to share what I know.
Thanks
Alex
www.endgametackle.com
I like your rigs. Some of them are very similar to how I started rigging mine. Your prices are good as well. Anyone that has tied a 5 drop rig similar to what you are offering, with the amount of hardware and time it takes to produce just 1, will understand what I mean. I've seen them a lot more expensive than what you are offering as well.

Personally, I prefer the combination of the glow in dark chafe tubing, and glow in the dark squids for my Golden Tile rigs. This year I am using Squidnation Fat Daddy squid bodies. They are the best glow in the dark ones I have found and run in the 5 inch size.

I am very particular on the hooks I use. I like circle hooks that do not lose too much space between the shank and the point/barb. The picture below is a Mustad 39950NP-BN in 14./0 size and 3x strong.

I'm back in Raleigh till the winds die down, but will try to get a picture of my rigs later this week.

Last year we had a day where we caught 3 tiles that were gutted and weighed between 45-48 pounds. All 3 were possibly a new state record if it had not been on bandit reels and a commercial boat.