View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Island3070

You mentioned Pursuit in the original post and I ran a Pursuit 3070 for almost 10 years out of Pensacola and I loved the boat. I did a lot of deep dropping 80-100 miles and it suited that really well. It had twin yamaha 225 engines which were a good compromise on speed and economy. Boat would run 45 top end but my back usually chose to run at 30-35 and the fuel economy was pretty good. The wide beam felt like a bigger boat when fishing or grilling in the back. These boats are express style so it has the cabin my wife wanted with a/c, nice head etc. so the kids could get out of the sun. That being said, we drug the generator all over the gulf but rarely used it when fishing as it was all fellas and we stayed in the cockpit. Unfortunately the generator takes up what should be the fishbox so we used a yeti 250 for seats, bait prep and fish box plus fish bags if a great day. The boat is a good overall compromise between fishing and family. You can overnight at Sandestin for example at the marina or just get some a/c at crab island if need be etc. I think an express like the Pursuit or Grady White would suit your needs well. I have fished from a Freeman cat and it is fast and goes into the slop like no monohull can but the cost is extremely high and creature comforts are lacking. I do not have experience with a cat with cabin but imagine it is a good option for you as well.