View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 25

Originally Posted by Avid 24 View Post
This would not typically be covered under homeowners. It is covered under the liability/property damage section of the drivers insurance. I would have the drivers insurance carrier Allstate handle it. At this point no need to involve any other parties. SOP would be they come and take a look at it and/or you provide estimates for repair or replacement whatever is needed and then go from there.

You could certainly file it with your own carrier, but that will be subject to whatever boat and trailer coverage you may or may not have and likely would involve you laying out your deductible and then seeking recovery via subrogation from the drivers coverage.

Full disclosure I am an insurance agent.
You have which out for limits on the policy under the property damage.
DirtBaller is offline