View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CHS
Posts: 94

Your insurer should have no problem subrogating this for you. I.E. they handle the claim and then, as suggested by others above, 'fight' the adverse party's carrier (Allstate). That may or may not be a less painful approach for you, depends on your carrier.

My classic car was rear-ended. My carrier had previously been great on a few no-fault claims, so I figured to run the claim through them and have them subrogate the adverse party's (at-fault driver who rear ended me) carrier. Based on previous experience I thought I'd be taken care of most expeditiously this way. That was fine until my carrier tried their level best to douche me on the value of my car, so I called the offender's carrier and they picked it up and did me right.
Ducowti is offline