View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Raybo Marine NY
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor

Originally Posted by silver01 View Post
Who ever says your premium wont go up, your smoking some good shit. Even if he wasnt at fault and he uses his insurance, his insurance will go up.I have personally been told by my insurance that my insurance will go up even though it wasnt my fault. You are using them to get your stuff repaired so they charge you for that service. Insurance companies are not on your side, they are there to make money not lose money.
sorry i dont smoke

my car got hit over the summer , totaled, $42k payout. My insurance paid and went after them, driver was 100% at fault. No rate increase. Does not show up as I shopped a classic car policy 6 months later and didnt come up with them either

my wife has been rear ended, twice, both times called my insurance company right away because I rather not get the jerk job from the other company, again rate never went up.

so long as your insurance company subrogates and get paid from the other company, if you are dealing with someone with NO insurance then yes you will likely see a rate increase

BTW when it comes to boat policies Ive had customers put 2-3 claims with their same insurance company and did not see rate increases. Boat policies from respected marine companies are NOTHING like auto policies. Marine insurance are much better to deal with.