View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:07 AM
Roc Bottom

Originally Posted by jCane13 View Post
In regard to crossing from further north, if the weather is good, the ride over is really enjoyable and you won't regret it at all. If it's really rough, that extra distance could be a real bummer. But it's summer, so it probably won't be bad.

In regard to making reservations, I've never had an issue getting a reservation the week-of or a few weeks before. Honestly, they don't seem to have a real "reservation" program or anything anyways. I think they just write it down on a calendar or something... so even if you make a reservation now, I'd call to double check they haven't "lost" it when it gets closer. It's very rudimentary there-- half the time there's no one in the office to even pick up a phone.

If you go during the week, you likely could show up with no reservation and not have any issue. On a summer weekend, if the weather forecast is good, you may want to call ahead to just make sure. You'd definitely want to make a reservation as far in advance as you can if you're going on a holiday weekend.

Unsolicited advice about staying at the Seacrest: ask for a 1st floor, marina view room. Even if it's a few bucks more. It has nothing to do with the view, it has to do with avoiding lugging fishing gear, coolers, etc. across the road and/or up the stairs. It gets old, fast.

Hope that helps a little.

Jeff
That's great info. Thanks!