View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 04:51 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4

You only have to get the permit if you plan on using the boat in Washington waters. So you don't need to get the permit if you are just passing through. I Live in Spokane and go to Lake Coeur d' Alene and Lake Pend Orielle, and Priest Lake and to use my WA registered boat in Idaho you have to get an Idaho invasive species tag. If Idaho or Washington have the watercraft inspection stations you must stop regardless if you are going to put you boat in the water.
See below.

Under Washington state law, owners of watercraft registered in another state or country must purchase an Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) prevention permit before placing or operating the watercraft in any waterbody in the state. In order to purchase a permit (click the "other" product category tab), the purchaser needs to provide a watercraft registration number. Each separate registered watercraft requires a permit.

The bad part is putting another sticker on your boat is not going to stop Aquatic invasive species.
mrwalleyeman is offline