Old 12-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Mata Peje

Originally Posted by Brad1 View Post
I got news for you, the American made Fenders aren't all that great either. At least not the production ones. Low grade fret material, poor fret leveling, low grade wood, and finish so thick (to make them look good) that it strangles all the sonic resonance out of the guitar. They are not the same guitars that made Fender famous. Perhaps the custom shop ones are, but definately not the production ones. I don't care if it's made in the USA or Mexico.

I have a couple late model Fenders for around the home practice use, or for back up or "guest" guitars. In every case, they needed a fret level when they were brand new, right off the rack. Then after a couple years if playing, the frets are worn down to nothing. After one hour of practice, my finger tips look like I rubbed a #2 pencil all over them. They're black from fret wear.
If I bought a made in USA Fender any model, and paid the extra $$$$ vs MIM & it needed fretwork outa the box I would have returned it faster then I took it home........... CURIOUS ? what where you thinking .......
$2500- $3,000 + Guitars shouldn't need anything after taking them home except a set up to your liking & tuning PERIOD !