View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 10:53 PM
tx656

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Out of town for a lot of November. Got to put in some time this weekend. Back when I started on this I was HOPING I wouldn't have to do much with the transoms. Hope is never a good plan!

Port sponson transom was soft to the hammer where the fiberglass is chipped away.

Starboard transom. A little soft where the washers were added

Transom wood removal started. Port Sponson.

Multi-cutter was my friend here. Most of rot was local to the mounting bolt thru holes. At some point a PO had dug out some rot at top of transom and filled with resin and capped with glass.

About to get cold here. Grew up where they played football on the frozen tundra. Not a fan of that weather. Only good thing I can say about it is it makes you tough. Been reading about radiant tube over head heaters for the shop. That might have to happen to keep up forward progress thru winter. I really don't like being cold!

Too busy at work to check on the lead in Florida for fuel tanks. Also still need to check out Core Lite vs Coosa 26 for Transom. Might be a road trip to Louisiana for the Coosa soon if the CoreLite doesn't check out. For a while I played with the idea of going back with marine ply for transom. NOPE!

After Transom is out I'll check the stringers...