View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 06:34 AM
bonecrusher1
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Originally Posted by trejsic.mejsic View Post
1. Since the OP says he wants to HST for wahoo...and...

2. There are posters throwing out Iislanders and such... (which in my understanding will skip with HST)... and...

3. Since I know Lone Ono has been doing HST for just a little while... could we please get a definition of HST? - of the MINIMUM speed which defines HST for wahoo ? (that's your cue, Lone Ono, please. 30 years of HST for wahoo suggests you might have an idea).

I only bring this up so we have some clarity on just what is HST, so as not to muddle up this topic (with Iislanders) which we aspire to, if not master - at least, find some success. Outboard fish: no offense, I just think you're introducing apples into an orange discussion.

For what it is worth, in my mind's eye, HST is 14 kph to 18 kph, or higher if your lure swims without skipping. This, I have determined after a lot of reading and asking questions locally. I might be completely off-base and I humbly ask y'all to correct me if I am out in left field.

Anyhoo, great question OP and eagerly look forward to more replys,

Cheers, T.
Good points.
Maybe I should refine or clarify by question that instead of HST, how about "whatever lures catch the most wahoo and whatever speed that is". But you're right, that will really muddy that waters, and yes, I was asking specifically about HST which I would define as you do, 13-18 (depending on a few factors). And you're also correct in that HST requires specific lures/gear or your baits will be waterskiing.