View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 07:17 AM
thundra

Originally Posted by Flot View Post
Does he want to ride it to south florida? I'll pay the gas.. LOL

I'm shocked he's got that many miles on it - not because it's a bad platform, but because, holy crap, 37k miles on a toy bike...

I actually just picked up a Rebel 250 that had been sitting for a few years this past weekend. Owner said last time he ran it was 2015. Figure it'll make a fun project to get back together. Truth is it would be shocking if I put more than 100 miles a year on a bike, but "rebuilding a motorcycle" is something that had been on my bucket list.
It is why I want to buy it from him, $700 is a great price not to mention he goes at least 6' and 230 lbs so he is not a small guy either but he loved riding the bike all over Cape Cod, on all backroads, right? 36,000 miles. At least on the Grom forum, his bike is one of the highest mileage ones on it. I know that he rode it every day it was not raining/wet out and enjoyed the heck otu of it until he got a FZ 09 that he put something like 26,000 miles on-can you tell he has been loving riding.

The motors are truly considered bulletproof and he had mentioned that new ones cost $600-700 so even if I were to get a new motor, as the rest of the bike is good, never been crashed or down, it would be totally worth it for $700.