View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 03:59 PM
keezdisease
THT Sponsor
THT sponsor

Bypass surgery phase 1 ,,,,,,can,t beat a way an old wood boat rides
when you ride on certain boats you will understand why, boat is solid and have yet to find the nail in the coffin, but here on hull truthI would expect nothing less! engines are out and measured up today to buy the right transmissions, waiting to here availability of twin disc 5085a or 5085 straight drop.
The logic is this, I have less than a hundred in the boat, for less than 325k I'll be all in all done, new electronics, new engines, new paint, new auto pilot and new tower with new EZ4U2Sea enclosure. No rot in a 44' boat that does well over 30 knots at cruise at damn near a gallon a mile. Its the widest boat I can handle in my marina so it fit the bill. The guy i bought it from is a hack at best and so full of shit his eyes are brown, but it had some good bones and nothing near the speed or ride qualitry can be had for under 400k or 500k and when she is done she will be done like I would build one out. No fluff but AC on the bridge with sleeping bunks for 4 and set up as a no nonsense no expense shared battlewagon. I have no need to take a 3 bedroom condo out to the fishing grounds, I had this same style boat in a 40' Blackwell and she rode better than most 50.s and passed them on the way home.
Old engines are out and one pic of the engine room YUK!!!