Old 12-24-2006, 07:27 AM
tprice
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member

Received 1,429 Likes on 823 Posts
Default Re: T-Top floor mount repair advice requested

crackerasscracker - 12/20/2006 11:47 PM

Thanks for the info... I really do not have any access and do not want to cut holes in the floor at this point.
I ran into the same "type" of problem this past spring, after fishing one day I wanted to pull my boat through the car wash, which I have used before) and clean it out however I forgot I had the elbows in top for my outrigger. Yep you guessed it I hit a beam and while I was barley moving it still took a pretty good lick. I got out and inspected everything and it SEEMED ok till the next time I was on the water and I noticed the front legs moving. All other anchor points were rock solid but the front two legs would move.

I went to W Marine and discussed this, I also have zero access under the area and I did not want to install hatches just for this. I used their 2 part expoy with filler and filler and some filler. I stuffed some wood dowels in the hole and then the filler and loaded with 2 part epoxy(I only used the dowels so that I would have a bottom in the screw hole. I let it set up for a couple of days and then drilled pilot holes and reinstalled my original screws. I also put some of the 2 part epoxy under the legs(for what ever that was worth). I then used a ratchet strap and went from cleat to cleat and which pulled the front legs snug and kept them dead still. I let that sit for a couple of days and all is well. They are rock solid again.