Old 06-30-2018, 04:49 PM
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

The boat is going to be a 30’ Cat from Eastward boats.

I was in the market for a new boat, and Dave East’s new cat, the model “Horizon 3000”, popped up. I met with him and his wife on multiple occasions since January. Right from the start, Dave came off as a great guy who has a lot of pride in his company and believes in doing things right. He has a great deal of experience of building Cats from his previous employment/ownerships and he assembled a great team of professionals.

Without a finished boat, it basically came down to one basic concept I use all the time in business… I invested in the man himself. Dave has built quality bay boats under the Eastward company, in addition to his experience building Cats. I believe Eastward Boats is going to put out an amazing product, so much so, I ordered the next Hull.So, the thing about the Eastward boats is that they are basically all custom besides the Hull. If you wanted your living room recliner incorporated into the build, Dave would find a way. Because of that, the one he is building and the one I am building will definitely be different. The main similarity is they will both be center consoles. I believe his hull is going to show a more entry level offering targeted at cost minded buyer, and my build will show a version a little more “dolled up”.

I appreciate any suggestions and offerings from anyone on THT. That’s what we are here for, crowdsourcing knowledge.

Here is the Build:

Looks:Awl Grip painted sides (either light gray or medium gray, leaning towards the light gray) Black rub rail

Awl gripped Armstrong bracket in hull color

Extended bracket between motors for dive ladder

Walk through Transom

Oversized Fiberglass TTop with underside painted hull color

T-Top coated in Linex or similar (Black)

White Cap and interior

Power:

Evinrude G2 300hp (black) with icon 7

Custom built in motor flush mounts

Storage:

(2) in floor storage boxes

(2) in floor fish boxes

Storage under the bow

Coffin box

Comfort:Helm Chairs: Double bucket with a gray/black/white with flip bolster and folding arms 2 folding jump chairs in stern to match

Lounger cushion over Coffin box

No forward seating

Electronics:Haven’t really decided, going to need to lean on THT and do more research, but so far this is where I am. Garmin or Simrad

Autopilot

Airmar highwide 175

Airmar low 175

Some type of speakers and head unit

Livewells:

Going to use the one that comes under the Helm seatsAdding two on the transom. Blue, clear lids, lights.

Other:

Big dive ladder

Underwater lighting

Courtesy lighting (colored)

Either Anchor puller winch or Big trolling motor

(4) electrical outlets for deep dropping or kites

Im sure I am missing some things, but that’s the vision.

Buckle up and enjoy the build process