View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 01:57 AM
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 772

The brass sleeves with expanding rubber plug are often used on smaller boats with easy bilge access, so they can be installed from inside. The threaded garboard drain is used on larger boats and installed from the outside. On my rebuild, I epoxied in a PVC tube to protect the core. Another option would be to over drill, fill with epoxy, then drill and install garboard drain.
mshugg is offline